August 8, 2016
From the Desk of Steve Shultz:
I've known Cindy and Mike Jacobs for many years now. Especially referring to the Prophetic gifting that rests on Cindy, I would like to say that few prophets have the anointing to prophesy OVER NATIONS and to call NATIONS TO PRAYER.
Cindy sees the big picture - the national and international pictures. And God will, through Cindy, only a few times a year, issue a national or global call to pray and intercede for a nation.
This is one such time. And, the timing and nature of this call to pray for the United States of America is CRUCIAL...
This is a "NOW WORD!"
It's not for next week or later this week, it's for RIGHT NOW. MONDAY, TUESDAY and WEDNESDAY!
Whether you fast all food or only a meal (or ANY other form of fast you choose), this is an important three days. AFTER these three days are over, I would watch the news. VERY OFTEN, there is a connection between when we fast and when the GOOD NEWS BREAKS.
I will be joining you in fasting!
Thank you ALL and may God bless America!
Please forward this word to your friends! Encourage them to subscribe to the Elijah List right here: http://elijahlist.com/subscribe.
Steve Shultz, Founder and Publisher
The Elijah List & Breaking Christian News
Via Charisma News: Generals International's Mike and Cindy Jacobs issued an urgent call to prayer this week. The prophetic couple invited every Believer in the United States to fast and pray for the next three days.
"Placing ourselves under the Blood of the Lamb of God and as the Spirit of God leads, let us do the following: repent of our national sin, renounce the same, revoke the enemy's power over the nation and rededicate America to God," the Jacobs said.
For Monday, August 8, the couple called for the nation to repentance and renunciation:
• Identificationally repent for the worship of any false gods or participation in any false religious activities. Use Daniel 9:1-19 as your guide.
• Repent for any covenant breaking that has occurred on a national level, including the breaking of treaties between the government and the Native Americans; the breaking of marriage covenants and the high divorce rate, even among Christian couples; and the breaking of individual promises made to God that have gone unfulfilled, including those who committed their lives to Christ who are now prodigals. See Leviticus 26:1-13.
• Repent for the sin of abortion. Ask the Lord to forgive our nation for embracing abortion as acceptable and to reverse Roe vs Wade. Ask the Lord to extend healing to the body and soul of those who have chosen to abort a child and for the Church to extend love and grace to them that they might find grace to help in time of need. Read Psalm 139:13-18 and Hebrews 4:15-16.
• Repent of any acts of injustice and corruption that occurred in your city, region and state that you are aware of. This might include former slavery and other racist activities, and the recent conflicts between the African-American community and the police. Jeremiah 22:3-5 will help you.
• Repent of the rampant sexual sin: pornography, sex trafficking, forced public acceptance of alternate forms of sexuality by the government, and immorality in general. Pray and meditate on 1 Thessalonians 4:3-5 and 1 Corinthians 6:13-20.
• We also need to renounce the above activities and agree for the breaking and cancellation of every curse that became active as a result of the above activities.
On Tuesday, August 9, they ask for Believers to revoke demonic strongholds that may have established thrones across the United States.
And on Wednesday, the last day of their call to prayer and fasting, the Jacobs ask for Believers to rededicate the country to God.
Specifically, they ask for Christians to speak these Bible verses over the United States:
• Psalm 33 in its entirety.
• "Lord God of Israel, there is no God like You in Heaven above or on earth below who keeps covenant and mercy with Your servants who walk before You with all their hearts" (1 Kings 8:23).
• "If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself" (2 Tim. 2:13).
• "Sing to the LORD, all the earth; Proclaim good tidings of His salvation from day to day. Declare His glory among the nations, His wonders among all the peoples. For great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised. He is to be feared above all gods" (1 Chron. 16:23-25).
• "Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night....The ungodly are not so, but are like the chaff which the wind drives away. Therefore the ungodly will not stand in the judgment nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous" (Ps. 1:1-2 and 4-5).
• I urge you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy, and acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service of worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God" (Rom. 12:1-2).
• I will indeed bless you and I will indeed multiply your descendants as the stars of the heavens and as the sand that is on the seashore. Your descendants will possess the gate of their enemies" (Gen. 22:17).
Used by permission from Charisma News.
Cindy Jacobs is an author, speaker, and teacher with a heart for discipling nations in the areas of prayer and prophetic gifts. She and Mike – her husband of 41 years - co-founded Generals International in 1985. She is a respected prophet who travels the world, ministering not only to crowds of people but to heads of nations. Her first calling is and always will be prophetic intercession. Each year she travels, and she has spoken on nearly every inhabited continent to tens of thousands. Cindy has authored books, loves to travel and speak, but one of her favorite past-times is spending time with her husband Mike and their children Daniel and Mary Madison, along with her grandchildren.
To receive daily, encouraging prophetic emails from The Elijah List to your in box CLICK HERE or go to: http://elijahlist.com/subscribe
Visit our webstore and check out our brand new conference set: What is God Saying for 2016?:
Also check out Steve Shultz's Revised and 2nd Edition book Can't You Talk Louder, God?: http://www.elijahshopper.com/cant-you-talk-louder-god-secrets-to-hearing-the-voice-of-god-revised-and-updated-edition-by-steve-shultz/
Permission is granted (and you are also encouraged) to reprint these articles in hard copy form, as well as sending them to your own email lists and posting them on your own websites. We ask only that you keep Elijah List website, email contact info, and author contact information intact.
Elijah List Publications
528 Ellsworth St. SW
Albany, OR 97321